
Here we are at the Homestead in western Virginia. I remember My dad talked about this place and visited here several times and walking around I could see so many things that he got ideas for Tan-Tar-A
. The 8 lane bowling alley, indoor pool, market lane, activities center, kids program, just one thing after another. Emily's dad and mom loved coming here too, Her dad spoke at meetings here several times. It was a special trip that Augie gave to Emily and I; and it was great to be able to celebrate his birthday over the weekend. THANKS AUGIE!!!! I really enjoyed seeing the Homestead Resort after so many years, we hope to go back soon. The top photo is on the nature hike, mist coming over the new beaver dam. Emily and I all dressed up for dinner, have to be dressed for the main dining room, so on with the suit and tie. Fun!
Looking out over the golf pro shop, where we had lunch and putted a few balls. The Trees were just thinking of changing, except for the one gold tree at the #1 tee, it was way into fall and changed all to beautiful gold color. It's peeking around the corner of the building on the left.
Our room was the one with the arches and white railing, yes all THREE ARCHES it was a beautiful room. When we arrived in the room I went on the porch and thought too bad they didn't seperate the porch from the room next to us then Emily said Ray it's all ours. WOW! We loved it, a lot like the room we were in at Williamburg Inn when I did the shopping job. We could get used to staying at places like this. It was beautiful and we loved it. Nothing like a little 5-star service and facilities.
3 comments:
Oh you both look so nice. That was a nice place to visit. Todd and I had a wonderful time when we went. It looks different than when we went- I guess cause it was really really cold and there was some snow. So pretty!
Dad I about fell out of my chair...you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love all the pics. They are really good. You are getting quite good with your camera.
I loved that place too very fun.
How lovely ... hope to get there one of these days!
Post a Comment